Hello, my name is Joanne. I’m an RN (Registered Nurse), graduated in 1994 and have worked in many health care settings. A great deal of my nursing experience has been in conventional medicine which lead to practicing in the following areas:
- A variety of hospitals specializing in units such as; Respiratory, Pediatric, and Oncology.
- Agency nursing; in both acute care; hospitals and clinics, as well as long-term care facilities referred to as; assisted living and nursing homes.
- An RN for a Pediatrician.
- An RN in mental health at a substance abuse clinic.
- A Nurse Educator; developed an educational program for a mental health facility.
- An HIV Program Director.
- Obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Health Systems.
- Worked as a Hospital Administration in Risk Management.
- An Insurance Specialist for the Federal Government; assisting in the implementation of the “Prescription Drug Program” at CMS (Medicare) in their marketing division.
- A Medical Case Manager for injured workers on the east coast in states; Maryland, District of Columbia, Delaware, Pennsylvania and Virginia.
- I left nursing for a period of time and was a partner in a technology business.
- Obtained a certification as a Legal Nurse Consultant which lead to working with; Workman’s Compensations Claims, Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice cases.
A turning point in my life was when I began to research the metaphysical aspect of health care, exploring more of the Alternative and Holistic medical arena. In doing so, I found my passion for the mind-body connection. Presently, I have dedicated my life to helping as many people as possible to understand the connection between their Mindset and Nutrition which, I believe is the answer to living a long and healthy life.
I’m a mother of 6 amazing children and consider raising my children as one of the most rewarding experiences in my life. I also have a Border Collie named Jett, a Teacup Poodle named Cheeto, a Sphynx Cat named ROUS, and a Teacup Pig named Gracie that fill my days with love and laughter.
I believe having YOU take an interest in my blog will help to raise awareness and change the course of our current destructive health care system. Thanks for taking the time to learn more about me, what roads I have traveled, and what drives my passion to help people live HEALTHY!
Most importantly, I would love to hear about YOUR hospital or medical experience. Sharing your story will help others find comfort in knowing that they are not alone in how they may have been treated in our current medical industry. YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Lets ban together, raise awareness, and help to make our health care system safer for everyone!